Areas of Practice
- Building and construction law (contract negotiation, review and contract drafting) and construction litigation (commercial and residential building disputes, advice and adjudication under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act);
- General litigation and dispute resolution (commercial law, wills and estates and family law);
- Commercial and business law;
- Corporate law;
- Business structuring and succession planning;
- Estate planning.
Jaclyn brings a wealth of experience in providing advice on commercial matters, contract drafting and commercial and construction litigation in State Courts and the Consumer and Commercial Division of the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT).
Prior to practising law, Jaclyn held senior analytical positions in Queensland Treasury and Department of State Development, and with Queensland Rail. The commercial experience gained working in premier government departments and a government owned corporation complements Jaclyn’s legal expertise.
Jaclyn’s experience includes:
- Providing advice regarding commercial transactions;
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, including supply contracts, consultancy agreements, shareholder agreements, share sale agreements, joint venture agreements, confidentiality deeds;
- Advising on construction contract risks and construction contract drafting;
- Interpreting and applying the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act and preparing payment claims, payment schedules, adjudication applications and adjudication responses under this legislation;
- Building and construction litigation, including commercial construction disputes and residential building disputes and has acted for builders and owners;
- Providing advice and acting in commercial and general litigation matters;
- Providing corporate law advice and preparation of documents for compliance with the Corporations Act, including constitutions, corporate documents, forms, resolutions and notices;
- Providing business structuring advice;
- Estate planning, including preparation of discretionary testamentary trust wills;
- Providing advice to insolvency practitioners, including dispute resolution matters and Personal Property Securities advice.
Having worked in Brisbane prior to practising law, Jaclyn moved to the mid north coast to work as a legal compliance officer for Stacks Finance in Taree and commenced practising law in private practice with Sparke Helmore in Newcastle. Jaclyn has returned to the mid north coast to join the Donovan Oates Hannaford team in January 2016.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)(First Class Honours) - Queensland University of Technology (2007)
- Bachelor of Business (BBus) - Queensland University of Technology (1997)
- Graduate Certificate in Law (Corporate Law) - Queensland University of Technology (2007)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice - College of Law (2008)
- Playing musical instruments